Every single day millions of folks log into search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask etc. to get information on their preferred topic. When a user types in specific search terms, search engines display the results in the search engine result pages (SERPS). Thus it is of utmost importance for webmasters to understand and apply exact strategies so as to claim higher ranks in searches and attract organic traffic. Getting higher ranks in searches need hard work and toil. Understanding the concepts governing search engines and the way they rank a web site is utterly imperative as understanding these principles will gain you an edge and you will start dictating alcoves all over the web pouring numerous visitors to your website on a daily basis. We want it to rank for
Following are the “must follow” tips for you if you want higher page ranking for your website: –
- Distinctive page titles: page titles are like “tell-tales”. They often speak volumes about what is ought to be found inside the website. It gives the web users a rough idea about what your web pages contain and are decisive factors when it comes to search engine rankings.
- Evocative Keyword Links: search engines engage spiders which crawl from one page to another; following links from one page to the other, indexing contents as they go. If the links they trail include pertinent keywords and phrases, the search engine heightens it page rankings. Another important point to remember is that keywords should also be included in the site’s menu (navigation) as they are highly germane.
- On-page copy keywords: sprinkling keywords all over the contents of your on-page copy guarantees site’s relevance for those specific words that searchers use when they come for products or services.
- Clean, Accessible website design: always remember to avoid flashy designs as they take time when loading and will surely piss off many users as well as the search engine spiders. Improper HTML codes, 404 errors, chaotic and stuffed designs; contents hiding behind forms are also hindrances which might whisk away search engine’s crawlers. Standard compliant website designs should be used and proper caution should be heeded to following W3C’s accessibility guidelines while designing websites.
- Focused Site Topic: focusing on your niche segment is sure to pay off better than involving one self in multi faceted selection. People like experts on a topic rather than jack of all, master of none.
- Relevant Incoming Links: the quantity of links from other sites do hold importance but the quality of links is more important. For example links from PR-5 sites will hold greater importance than 100 PR-0 sites. Also getting a relevant link from a site with extension “.org” or “.gov” is sure to prove more valuable than links from other unreliable sites.
- Insert keywords on images: using keywords as name of your images rather than common “DSC000” will prove worth while as images are also indexed faster.
- Avoid stuffing keywords: as I said earlier sprinkle key words. There is always a difference between sprinkling and stuffing. Do not jam pack your contents with keywords in order to trick search engines.